As we prepare to welcome audiences back in January of 2022, we are making plans to ensure the health and safety of our audiences, artists, and staff.
While we understand that performances are still several months away, here are our current reopening plans. We will continue to monitor, update, and communicate our plans as more information becomes available.
- All patrons who visit Arden Theatre Company and / or attend performances must be fully vaccinated by the date of their visit. Patrons can show either paper or electronic documentation (including photo of vaccination card) paired with a valid government-issued photo ID.
- For patrons who are unable to be vaccinated, they will be required to provide proof of ONE of the following instead of evidence of vaccination:
- Negative COVID-19 rapid antigen test taken within 6 hours of the performance start time. The test results must clearly show the date and time of the test. At home tests will not be accepted.
- Negative COVID-19 PCR test performed by a medical provider within 72 hours of the performance start time. The test results must clearly show the date and time of the test.
Health and Safety
- While in our buildings, we require audience members and staff to wear masks that cover the nose and mouth, including while seated watching performances.
- The 2022 Season has been scheduled so that for most weeks only one performance is running at a time. This will allow for less congestion and more space in the Lobby preshow and at intermission.
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home. Our staff and artists are expected to do the same.
Expanded Exchange and Refund Options
- We have expanded our exchange and refund options to ensure that you have every opportunity to see your desired show, or you will get your money back.
- All exchange fees are waived for the 2022 Season. We will not let exchange policies act as a barrier for your return to the Arden.
Ventilation and Air Filtration
- We have installed a new, state-of-the-art HVAC system for the F. Otto Haas Stage, which provides improved air circulation and safety in this shared space.
- We have upgraded the filtration in the HVAC systems for the all of our spaces to utilize CDC-recommended MERV13 rated filters.
- To maintain the effectiveness of these improvements, we have increased the frequency with which our HVAC systems are serviced and the filters are changed.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- We have developed thorough and more frequent janitorial procedures that incorporate disinfection with CDC-recommended products.
- We will pay particular attention to high touch areas such as door handles, counters, and other shared surfaces before, during and after performances.
- All public spaces are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers.
Touchless Ticketing and Ticket Delivery
- In addition to traditional tickets, we are offering print-at-home and mobile ticket availability to all patrons.
- To reduce close interactions, we will utilize contactless ticket scanning.
- We will be increasing our front of house staff presence to aid patrons navigate this new process.
- We will provide the option for you to read the stagebill from your smart phone.
- If you’re not yet ready to attend in-person, we have plans to stream the first two productions of the 2022 Season: A Streetcar Named Desire and Backing Track. How do I do this?
- Details about streaming versions of the other productions in the 2022 Season will be shared as soon as we have more information.
Additionally, here are some answers to frequently asked questions regarding our plans.
We plan to gather at the beginning of the new year, and we so appreciate your connection to the Arden through this hiatus. Our goal is to make you as comfortable and confident as you consider returning to live theatre. We promise to share any updates to our plans for the 2022 Season. We cannot wait to see you again at the Arden!