The Sylvan Society
The exceptional generosity of our leadership donors enables the Arden to tell great stories by having the resources to achieve the highest level of artistic quality. When you contribute $1,000 or more in annual giving, you’ll be recognized with Sylvan Society membership for one year, and membership is renewable annually. We recognize our Sylvan Society members through a series of benefits carefully designed to bring you closer to the Arden’s work, deepening your appreciation for the role your support plays in our successes. There are four levels of Sylvan Society membership:
- The Mulberry Grove | $1,000 – $2,499
- The Filbert Grove | $2,500 – $4,999
- The Cherry Grove | $5,000 – $9,999
- The Sassafras Grove | $10,000 and above
Join Now by Making A Gift
Benefits of Membership in the Sylvan Society:
- Receive invitations to exclusive Sylvan Society events. These events are designed to help bring you closer to the Arden’s work. You’ll get “backstage” knowledge on the productions from the Artistic staff and opportunities to meet the artists.
- Opening Night Pre-show Parties – Receive invitations to these exclusive events, held at posh venues including Old City restaurants and galleries, prior to our opening night performances.
First Readings – Be the first to hear an upcoming Arden play read by the cast during the rehearsal process.
- New Play Readings – Receive invitations to in-house readings of new plays that are under consideration for Arden’s mainstage season.
- Use of Sylvan Society ticket service. The Sylvan Society ticket service affords members unlimited exchanges through access to a private ticket hotline staffed by members of the Arden’s Development department, dependent on availability. (Note: if exchanging for a higher-price ticket, the difference must be paid at the time of the exchange).
- Receive invitations to all five mainstage opening night performances, where you not only enjoy the opening night performance, but also partake in private pre-show party at an Old City restaurant and post-show cocktail reception at the theatre. Opening night performances are not open to the general public.
- Receive invitations for you and your family to attend opening night performances of both Arden Children’s Theatre productions, which include a pre-show party with kid-friendly activities
- Backstage Tours – Arrange for a private backstage tour of any mainstage production, or any Arden Children’s Theatre production for the whole family.
- See your name listed as a Sylvan Society member in all Arden stagebills and in the lobby.
- Receive the “Arden Friends” email newsletter – you will receive “sneak peaks” of Arden productions, details of upcoming events and other “inside information.”
31st Anniversary Season Events
Sylvan Society Members receive invitations to exclusive Sylvan Society events, including Opening Nights.
Sylvan, which means “characteristic of woods or forest,” ties this donor membership program to the connection to trees that the Arden has from Shakespeare’s Forest of Arden in As You Like It. Members of the Sylvan Society are the metaphorical roots that keep the Arden grounded and stable, and the branches that help it thrive and grow.
Ways to Give
- Give online | Use our secure online form
- Request a payment form by email | Email Paige Martini, Manager of Individual Giving at email@example.com
- Give by phone | Call Paige at 215.922.8900 x146
- Give in person at the Box Office | Box Office hours (when in performance): Mon: 10am-6pm, Tues-Sat: 10am-intermission, Sun: Noon-5pm Box Office hours (when dark): Mon-Fri: 10am-6pm, Sat & Sun: Closed
- Stock Gifts | We gladly accept gifts of appreciated stock, an option that gives you a tax write-off while saving you capital gains tax.
- The United Way | To designate your United Way workplace program gifts to the Arden, please use our Donor Choice Number: 14198. Contributions made through the United Way support our work with children.
Other ways to give
- Matching Gifts | Double or triple the value of your gift! Please contact your human resources or corporate giving department to learn about your employer’s matching gift policy
- Planned Giving . Make the Arden part of your will or estate plans, and leave a legacy!
For more information, please contact Paige Martini, Manager of Individual Giving at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A copy of the official registration and financial information of Arden Theatre Company may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1.800.732.0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.