The Sylvan Society
The exceptional generosity of our leadership donors enables the Arden to tell great stories by having the resources to achieve the highest level of artistic quality. When you contribute $1,000 or more in annual giving, you’ll be recognized with Sylvan Society membership for one year, and membership is renewable annually. We recognize our Sylvan Society members through a series of benefits carefully designed to bring you closer to the Arden’s work, deepening your appreciation for the role your support plays in our successes. There are four levels of Sylvan Society membership:
- The Mulberry Grove | $1,000 – $2,499
- The Filbert Grove | $2,500 – $4,999
- The Cherry Grove | $5,000 – $9,999
- The Sassafras Grove | $10,000 and above
Sylvan, which means “characteristic of woods or forest,” represents the Arden’s connection to trees after being named for Shakespeare’s Forest of Arden in As You Like It. Members of the Sylvan Society are the metaphorical roots that keep the Arden grounded and stable, and the metaphorical branches that help it thrive and grow.
Benefits of Membership in the Sylvan Society
- Receive invitations to exclusive Sylvan Society events. These events are designed to help bring you closer to the Arden’s work, such as New Play Readings.
- Receive invitations to all five mainstage opening night performances, which are not open to the general public. Following the show, enjoy a beer and wine reception at the theatre.
- Before each opening night, enjoy an exclusive pre-show party at one of our Old City restaurant dining partners.
Receive invitations for you and your family to attend opening night performances of both Arden Children’s Theatre productions, which include a post-show party with kid-friendly activities
- Use of Sylvan Society ticket service, which affords members unlimited exchanges through access to a private ticket hotline staffed by members of the Arden’s Development department, dependent on availability. (Note: if exchanging for a higher-price ticket, the difference must be paid at the time of the exchange).
- See your name listed as a Sylvan Society member in all Arden stagebills and in the lobby.
Ways to Give
- Give online | Use our secure online form
Request a payment form by email | Email Ryann Carey, Associate Director of Development at email@example.com
- Give by mail | Please make your check payable to “Arden Theatre Company” and mail to: Arden Theatre Company
40 N. 2nd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106. ATTN: Development.
- Stock Gifts | We gladly accept gifts of appreciated stock, an option that gives you a tax write-off while saving you capital gains tax.
- The United Way | Please use our Donor Choice Number: 14198. Contributions made through the United Way support our work with children.
- Matching Gifts | Please contact your human resources or corporate giving department to learn about your employer’s matching gift policy
- Planned Giving | Make the Arden part of your will or estate plans, and leave a legacy.
For more information, please contact Ryann Carey, Associate Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org