The Sylvan Society
The exceptional generosity of our leadership donors enables the Arden to tell great stories by having the resources to achieve the highest level of artistic quality. When you contribute $1,000 or more in annual giving, you’ll be recognized with Sylvan Society membership for one season, and membership is renewable per season. Sylvan Society members enjoy a series of benefits carefully designed to bring you closer to the Arden’s work, deepening your appreciation for the role your support plays in our successes.
There are five levels of Sylvan Society membership:
- The Mulberry Grove | $1,000 – $2,499
- The Filbert Grove | $2,500 – $4,999
- The Cherry Grove | $5,000 – $9,999
- The Sassafras Grove | $10,000 and $24,999
- The Chestnut Grove | $25,000 and above
Sylvan, which means “characteristic of woods or forest,” represents the Arden’s connection to trees after being named for Shakespeare’s Forest of Arden in As You Like It. Members of the Sylvan Society are the metaphorical roots that keep the Arden grounded and stable, and the metaphorical branches that help it thrive and grow.
Sylvan Society Membership benefits include:
- A season subscription to all five mainstage opening night performances, which are not open to the general public. Following the show, enjoy a reception with light refreshments at the theatre.
- Invitations to an exclusive pre-show party at one of our Old City restaurant dining partners before your Opening Night performance.
- Invitations for you and your family to attend opening night performances of both Arden Children’s Theatre productions, which include kid-friendly activities.
- Use of Sylvan Society Concierge Ticket Line, which affords members unlimited exchanges through access to a private ticket hotline staffed by members of the Arden’s Development department, dependent on availability. (Note: if exchanging for a higher-price ticket, the difference must be paid at the time of the exchange).
- Invitations to exclusive Sylvan Society events. These events are designed to help bring you closer to the Arden’s work, such as New Play Readings.
- See your name listed as a Sylvan Society member in all Arden stagebills and in the lobby.
Donate Online, check out our Ways to Give, or for more information, please contact Orelí Uzdavinis, Manager of Individual Giving at OUzdavinis@ardentheatre.org.