Arden for All
With your support, every child can experience the joy of live theatre.
Arden for All (AFA) is the Arden’s elementary arts education program. The program serves third through fifth grade classrooms in economically disadvantaged schools across the Philadelphia region, targeting student populations most affected by poverty, crime, unemployment, and high dropout rates. AFA offers students in partner classrooms full access to Children’s Theatre productions on stage at the Arden, enhanced by in-classroom lessons taught by Arden Teaching Artists, connecting the theatre experience to the state’s Core Curriculum.
AFA is based on the belief that arts-inspired education should be equally available to children from all socioeconomic backgrounds, and is designed to encourage literacy, inspire creativity and confidence, and allow students to discover their unique strengths and abilities.
Through Arden for All, each participating student receives:
- Tickets to Arden Theatre Company’s award winning Children’s Theatre productions
- Bus transportation to and from the theatre
- Two show related books per year for every student
- Supplementary lessons plans for the classroom teacher to use while reading the books
- Twelve in classroom lessons taught by Arden Teaching Artists
By the end of the school year, participating students will spend 40 hours on literacy-related activities annually as a direct result of AFA, experienced 2 Children’s Theatre productions, and receive 2 show-related books and 12 in-classroom lessons.