Life After the Arden
As you may know the Arden has premiered 31 performances with number 32 starting this week: Wanamaker’s Pursuit. But what happens to some of the works after they premiere at the here? As we keep with our mission, great stories by great storytellers, we are very proud that some of our shows get picked up by other theatres.
Here are two recent productions:
Wittenberg by David Davalos
- Premiered at the Arden in January 2008
- Currently playing at The Pearl Theatre Co in NYC
- The New York Times says “The nimble ensemle is nearly as comfortable with the theological heavy lifiting as it is with the lowbrow yucks with Mr. Greer taking top honors on both fronts… Hilarity, the name is ‘Wittenberg’.” Read more at the New York Times.
- Check out the review from Backstage.
- Fun fact: Arden favorite Scott Greer reprises his role of Faustus
Ghost-Writer by Michael Hollinger
- Premiered at the Arden in September 2010
- Currently playing at the Florida Stage in West Palm Beach, Fl.
- Check out the review in the Wall Street Journal.
Congratulations to both of these new productions!
Stay tuned for more exciting premieres and learning more about their lives after the Arden!