As a nonprofit organization, Arden Theatre Company is dependent upon your generosity to help us fulfill our mission. We invite you to get involved as an Arden Ambassador today!
Spend time behind the scenes helping deliver arts and education opportunities for hundreds of thousands of people each year by volunteering with the Arden. Arden Ambassadors help support the safe and enjoyable experience of our patrons. Must have a positive, energetic attitude, a love of theatre, the ability to multitask, and a sense of humor! Become an Arden Ambassador, select an area (or areas!) of interest, and volunteer your time and talents while enjoying a variety of perks. For more detailed information about requirements, duties, and benefits, continue reading below!
General Expectations for Arden Ambassadors:
Arden Ambassadors are expected to meet the following criteria:
- Have a love of theatre
- Have a friendly disposition and can-do, ready-to-go attitude
- Be able to commit an average of 3-5 hours per volunteer opportunity, depending on either length of performance or scope of project
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. First series is acceptable; 2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna or 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson. (Please note: This is a requirement of all staff, cast, and crew who work with the Arden. This requirement also extends to our volunteers for the safety of all staff and patrons.)
- Be at least 18 years old
Patron Experience Volunteers
Assist our Front of House Team in creating a welcoming, accommodating, and fun environment for our patrons. Ambassadors can be assigned various tasks related to patron experience, including greeting patrons, scanning tickets, guiding them to their ticketed seats, handing out programs, and then getting to stay and watch the show itself. Time commitment is 3-5 hours per shift, depending on the length of the performance. Additional assistance may be required during intermission depending on the needs of the production as assigned by House Management. No experience required.
Patron Experience Volunteers have anticipated physical expectations, but they are not required. Should you not be able to perform any of the following, please just let us know and we’re happy to accommodate!
- The ability to stand for at least 1 consecutive hour
- The ability to climb up and down up to 14 stairs of our risers
- The ability to lift program boxes, weighing approximately 20 pounds
Hospitality & Special Events Volunteers
Assist Arden staff with setup and operations during special events, such as Opening Nights and other special events or rentals. Have a chance to connect with Arden staff and some of our most dedicated subscribers, donors, and VIPs and contribute to an enjoyable night of theatre and refreshments. Time commitment is, on average, 3-5 hours per shift, depending on the length of the performance or event. Experience not required but encouraged.
Expectations for Hospitality & Special Events Volunteers include the following:
- Assist Arden staff with hosting Special Events by helping set up, serve guests, and break down these events.
- Assist in moving and organizing tables and chairs, operating a coat check station, preparing light refreshments, assisting guests with questions, among other tasks.
To bring stories to life onstage, there must be dedicated people backstage who support that work. Office tasks performed by our volunteers are essential to Arden’s operations and our staff enjoys getting to know our volunteers during the day! We welcome volunteers who can assist our administrative staff in various areas including finance, marketing, fundraising, human resources, strategic planning, and mass mailings. Time commitment is, on average, 2-4 hours per shift, depending on the length of the project.
Expectations for Administrative Volunteers:
- Administrative Volunteers assist Arden staff with mailings, filing, and miscellaneous office tasks throughout the year. Experience not required but encouraged.
- Volunteers with specialized administrative skills, expertise, and connections are invited to share their time and knowledge with us!
If you would like to join our Arden Ambassadors team, please fill out the form below! For any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.