A Little Night Music – Creative Response Contest
Stephen Sondheim has influenced a generation of theatre artists and audience members. But who influenced Sondheim? He credits his mentor Oscar Hammerstein, saying that one legend of musical theatre passed the torch to another.
In A Little Night Music, each character holds onto memories of a person that influenced them. Whether a distant memory of a liaison for Madame Armfeldt, the rekindling of an old flame for Desiree, or discovering love for the first time like Anne – each person is molded by the people they meet, carrying those memories with them.
We want you, our audience, to share with us who has influenced you. What experience or memory has stayed with you, making you the person you are today?
Share this story with us in the form of a poem, play, story, painting, video or song – it is a Sondheim show after all, so we encourage all art forms!
- Email your contribution to firstname.lastname@example.org (Videos should be sent as links to content hosted online. No attachment should exceed 5MB).
- Submit your response by Monday, July 1 at midnight.
- Members of the Arden staff will then select 10 finalists to be featured on the Arden blog. These finalists will be open for voting by leaving a comment on the entry here on this blog or on the Arden’s Facebook page.
- We will announce the winner by July 17, 2013.
- 1 Grand Prize – A prize package valued at $100, plus and an invitation for two to opening night of Parade next season
- 2 Runners Up – A prize package valued at $50 and two tickets to the run of Parade
- All 10 Finalists will receive 2 tickets to Parade in our 2013-14 Season
The Arden reserves the right to post, share, and publicize all entries with proper credit to the creator.